Monday 9 November 2009

READERS' COMMENTS - 6

"This started off at a cracking pace and I loved the surprise 70-year jump to the present.
The characters were engaging and convincing and I could picture the scene on the boat perfectly. The subject matter is interesting too, as I don't know much about illegal art trafficking and this was an eye-opener. The author has done a lot of research, it seems, and has all the elements of a fine international thriller here. The conversation with the sadistically surgical exposure of X's [redacted] past, the train scene, Cotelo's remembering his dead daughter, for me were highlights of a really enjoyable and satisfying read. The many well-observed details of everyday life impinging on the adventure, like Juan's impatience to finish on time to avoid his girlfriend's wrath, are the important ingredients that make and season a good thriller. I thought this was excellent and a great read."

No comments:

Post a Comment